The purpose of the Procurement Manager for Derivco SA (Durban, Pretoria and Cape Town branches) will include traditional and non-traditional components of the purchasing function. Whilst there is the need for structure, policies, procedures and compliance – it must be noted that Derivco has a fast-paced and extremely fluid environment, to which said policies and procedures must also allow for the flexibility and foresight of the unexpected.
The Procurement Manager will lead a team of Procurement Specialists, as well as an Asset Management team and Contract Specialist. In addition to managing a team, the Procurement Manager will be required to review, define and evolve all purchasing decisions that allow for best practices and mitigate both internal and external risk to the business and organisations we support.
The Procurement Manager will work closely with the Financial Manager on cost analysis to assess direct and indirect spend, marginal benefit, and provide detailed reporting to both the Finance Department and Leadership Team regularly.
- Proven procurement experience within IT sector (software and hardware procurement)
- Financial and mathematics skills
- Detailed knowledge of strategic sourcing techniques as well as a dexterity in reading the market
- Data analysis skills – e.g. economic analysis methods such as cost-benefit analysis or cost-utility analysis
- Good understanding of contracting and contract management, as well as service level agreements
- Understanding the infrastructure required for sustainable implementation of strategic sourcing and commodity management.
- Six to Eight years’ related experience in procurement and proven experience in managing a team
- Degree in Business; Logistics; Supplier Chain Management; Economics; Applied Science or a related field.
- Qualifications accredited by CIPS (Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply) will be beneficial.